August 20, 2011

California Day 3

On Thursday we stayed around Bakersfield. Grandmama, Ben and Braden went to a local park to play and stomp around in the creek. While there they saw these frogs that were between and tadpole and a frog. They had 2 front legs but still had their tail. That was a highlight for Braden. He has been talking about them ever since. After the park they needed to cool down in the pool so we did that for a bit. Ben and I made a Target run during nap time and I had my first ever iced coffee...yum! Anyway, when Grandaddy got home he grilled shrimp, chicken and veggies. We had a delicious dinner and then went back to the hot tub for a bit. While we were in the hot tub a fox crossed through the pool area. I have never seen a fox so close, so that was neat. It was a low key day, but so feels like vacation!

Playing in the creek with Gmama

Silly face...surprise, surprise!

Daddy's girl


Sharing his Caprisun...warms my heart!

Grilling with Grandaddy...well waiting with him anyway!

Bedtime routine with Grandmama.

4 comments:

Richard Jolly said...

Great pictures! I now you are having a good time. Tell the Colsons we said Howdy!

Richard Jolly said...

KNOW. I can spell better than that;)

Traci said...

I am loving this day by day blogging... By the way, Braden's haircut is way cute :)

Melanie said...

A fox?! Crazy.
Just got off the phone with Laura and then I checked your blog--- feeling a real hankering for the West Coast now!!!
See you back home soon!